Monday, July 7, 2008

Obvious debugging trick...

Many times in the past I've been debugging stuff with digital signage or video games and I've wanted to have a window on a secondary display showing diagnostic information. Since most full-screen applications change the video resolution on the primary display, this has always been a bit of a pain - you have to calculate where the window will land in your new resolution and put it there prior to running.

With my new computer setup I'm running my secondary monitor above my primary (at 0,-1200) instead of to the right of it (default). Now the apps don't move. Much easier, no more calculating out where to put the debugging application before running the debugee. Wish I had thought of that sooner. Made watching the temperatures of the hardware while running games much easier.

Gratuitous pick of current arrangement at new house:

No comments: